Daisy Hill is one of the oldest localities of Westhoughton because it featured Westhoughton Hall (near France Steet) and Roger’s Farm ( near Mill lane). In some very old documents Daisy Hill is referred to as Dazy Hillock and Deasie Hillocke. Westhoughton Hall was built about 1600 by Henry Molyneux, a master clothier, and demolished in the1950’s. There is considerable uncertainty about where Captain Peter Rylands, who fought for the Parliamentarians in the Battle of Westhoughton Common, lived. He may have resided at Westhoughton Hall or Roger’s Farm.