Located on the A6, between Dicconson Lane and the Fourgates Hotel.
1876 Foundation stone for Fourgates C of E school laid by Rev Roffe (Vicar of Wingates).
In 1910 Fourgates old school was condemned because the managers could not comply with the Board of Education demands for improved buildings.
This resulted in the building of the first council school in Westhoughton in 1910.
This was a relatively large school building because it was assumed that significant housing development would take place in the area.
But in 2002 the school closed and children now attend the Gates County Primary school at Wingates.