List of items featured below. To view item with a link, click on coloured text or just scroll down this page.
1. Lois Basnett ( a series of photos of local historic interest).
2. The Hulton Family of Hulton Park (pdf)
3. Excelsior Press (pdf)
4. Notes on Westhoughton (pdf)
5. Westhoughton Urban District Council (pdf)
6. Questions,Sayings,Words and Legends (pdf)
7. Market Street Views (pdf)
8. Listed Buildings (pdf)
9. 1911 Census – Market Street Odd numbers ( word doc)
10. 1911 Census – Market Street Even numbers (word doc)
11. The History of Westhoughton’s Five Railway Stations (pdf)
13. Several existing pages have recently been updated – Park Road, Daisy Hill.
14. Daisy Hill Witches.
The following series of old photos are from the work of Lois Basnett.
This presentation about the Hulton family was produced by Anne Hodgson who served on the committee of Westhoughton Local History Group and has recently passed away.
The Excelsior Press was located at number 1 Market Street and was often a hive of printing activity.
The following slides are photos of a brochure about various features of Westhoughton and its history. There is no date on the publication but it is believed to be 1961.
Below are photos of the listed buildings located in Westhoughton.